[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #688
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #688
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:12:39 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200011292048.PAA20967 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Subject: Re: Cannister Filters
>> The Ecco is reasonably priced and provides plenty of room
>> for mechanical media, which is the only thing you need in a
>> filter in a planted tank. My personal opinion anyway.
> I agree completely with Ivo's comment on mechanical filtration, and
> how that's all anyone really needs in a heavily planted tank.
> I had great success in my 55-gallon tank using just a Magnum canister
> filter with a diatom cartridge in place *all* the time. I did fit a small
> sponge over the filter intake, but that's truly all the man-made
> biological filtration this tank had.
I agree completely. I have switched back to this since doing my no filter
tanks. I think the results are better. I like the idea of filterless tanks