Re: Rotala Magenta

    I think that Rotala 'Magenta' is actually Rotala Macrandra var. 'Narrow
Leaf'.  I have been keeping this plant- the store I bought it from called it
'Magenta'.  It gets deep red in my tank.  I've never had the regular
Macrandra, but from the pictures I've seen, it does look more beautiful than
the one I have- but it's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison to me,
because they look to be so different.  If you are looking for a small-leaved
red stem plant it's a striking one- although I've found it to be one of the
most demanding plants I've tried.

    Zach K