Fluval filters

Dave,

I used a 303 for years in a fish only tank and it worked great.I recently
purchased the 404 (same as 304 but larger) and it has many improvements over
the 03 series filters and I am very pleased with it.  When I finally saw the
light and went with plants the spray bar was removed. If for some reason you
like the spray effect, the 04's have a height adjustable output which
enables you to control the level of surface agitation.

My $.02 is that you go with the 404.

Dan Simon