Re: feeding ottos

Frank <elboyblue at hotmail_com> wrote:
> my four ottos have done a great job keeping my tank algae free.  so good
> that i think they will starve themselves.  anyone have any suggestions on
> what i can feed them other than letting algae grow wild in my tank again?

Raw cucumbers, raw zuccini, blanched zuccini, or raw yellow
squash. The raw stuff lasts longer (2-3 days) and the blanched stuff
will disintergrate in a day or two. It's also a good snail "trap". Get
up about 4-5 am and yank out the veggies & snails. Most of the
time mine are covered in MTSs. Otos, SAEs, as well as an other
nibbler will enjoy the treat. My SAEs would rather have it anyway
<g>.

Jamie    <"\\\><
Greenwood, SC