Re: feeding ottos

    Frank: I periodically feed my crew Zuchinni...(or for the Brits,
Courgettes).Slice it thin(I slice mine 3/16" to 1/4",then par-boil it(another
word for blanching?)or a quick blast in the microwave to soften them up. Take
a rubber band and poke through the white fleshy part,then attach to a small
stone to weigh it down.If I place two of these in my 90gal,they are usually
gone within 12-24hours.I usually buy a couple small diameter Zuchinni,
slice'em up,then layer them ,seperating the layers with Saran wrap before
placeing them in the freezer in a Zip-Lok bag.Pull them out as you need
them.Place the frozen ones in a bowl of water for 5-10 min to thaw prior to
sinking them in your tank.
                                                              HTH
                                                     James(Western Canada)

>my four ottos have done a great job keeping my tank algae free. so good
>that i think they will starve themselves. anyone have any suggestions on
>what i can feed them other than letting algae grow wild in my tank again?
>thanks!
>  - -frank

fortunejd at usa_net