Re: re: disinfection/beard algae

Chuck, I think you're right about new algae types not
causing outbreaks if the conditions are not right.
I just wanted to point out that beard algae is the
number one type to avoid before your tank is
stabalized.  The ability of this stuff to hang on is
incredible.

The bleach dip won't hurt the plants though, and is a
good tool in the early going.

Does anyone disagree about algae being able to get a
foothold after a tank has matured?  I'm with Chuck on
this one, but I'm wondering if anyone else has a
different experience.

Later, Cavan.