Re: Iodine

I haven't done it myself, but I've been told that fish need iodine also
and the easiest way to supply it is use regular table salt. People need
it too and that's where we get it from for the most part. Don't use
pickling salt or non-iodized. I'm not sure how much you can use before
it starts messing with your plants. I use marine salt for some of my
fish that prefer a brackish water. I have some that like about 10% sea
water and the plants don't seem to mind. I have other fish that like 50%
and the only plant that seems to survive in there is algae. Another
thing that I was surprised to find surviving in 50% sea water are those
livebearing snails.

Rhonda
--
http://naturalaquariums.com