Re: DIatoms

on 11/25/00 1:53 AM, Dave Gomberg at gomberg at wcf_com wrote:

> In my experience, diatoms are more dark brown than black.  Is it like a
> dust or paint?  Or is it hairy?

It's sort of like a dust/paint combo if that makes sense. It's definitely
not brown, if anything it's a very dark green, but close to black. It's not
hairy at all, it just coats the leaves/rocks with a thin film. It
particularly like echinodorus leaves but I have it also on my crypt. It
doesn't touch the val or ambullia. Thanks for responding, Dave.

--

Rob Keniger