APD & Krib archives on Water Hyacinth (apd v4 #675; was: Water Hyacinth Disease)

Beth,
   The Krib and APD archives are your friends.  I've never grown it, but
a search on 'hyacinth' promptly returned these, which answer your
question
(you lack light by a huge margin):
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Plants/water-lettuce.html
http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/month.9708/msg00316.html
http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/month.9606/msg00416.html

For your convenience, here are the search URLs:
http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/search.html
http://www.thekrib.com/