Flower pollination

All,

I was wondering what the best way to ensure pollination of plant's flowers
is, as most of our aquariums are a little short on bees to take care of it
for us.  Specifically, my Apons and an Ozelot sword I recently acquired
(thanks Sylvia!), as well as a stem plant whose name I can't remember at the
moment are flowering like mad, and I'm always happy to grow new plants.  My
initial thought was using a q-tip to rub the pistil and stamen on each
flower, transferring pollen, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea.  As
always, all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin Collins, in sunny Littleton, CO, where the snow is on my back porch
is _still_ trying to melt.