Re: plants growing against glass

Ellen,

I can see no reason why letting plants grow against
the glass would be a problem.  Could they have meant
letting larger plants grow against the glass is
aesthetically not pleasing?  If not, I would be
curious as to where you read that.

As far as carpet plants go, why not?  I have
Lilaeopsis that has grown from one end of my thirty to
the other (and many places further back) right against
the glass as you describe without any problems.
Besides, I think seeing the roots like that looks
neat.  Especially the Lilaeopsis because the runners
travel under the gravel.

Later, Cavan.