Re: Isn't this pathetic.... 1984

>And just one final bit...... the raid on my place was not caused by my name
>showing up on any customer list from a hydroponics store. The warrant was
>made out to "Person(s) Unknown, residing at.....". The cops obviously got a
>"tip" from a nosey neighbour who wondered why I had all the hanging plants
>and bright lights. I guess it never occurred to anyone that I might just
>have a green thumb _legally_. Obviously, their binoculars were not powerful
>enough to be able to identify Swedish Ivy and Boston  Ferns.

What they are in fact DOING to us is summarized in this statement, "If you
want to be free of unjustified search and seizure, you must give up your
right to privacy!"

IMHO, to see this otherwise is to exist in denial.

Now that the erosion of our civil liberties to the state has finally
invaded a part of our aquaria lives, it is clear that the uncritical eye we
tend to have of the police is coming home to roost.

Aquarium Plants and Hardware:
http://www.floridadriftwood.com