Re: Wooden canopy to be built (if I'm lucky)

I need to add, now that I have _all_ parts awaiting construction . . .

The guy in charge of HS&E in the house doesn't want a wooden canopy. After
noticing an indentation in an Perfecto strip which was apparently created by
overheating by another strip placed temporarily on top, and after seeing the
metal construction of some manufacturers of pfc's (Custom Sea Life, JBL),
he's convinced it will be a fire hazard to use wood. He points out that a fan
should be used for cooling purposes, since some manufacturers do use them for
these light strips. This opens possibility for more potential hazard, since
the fan could fail. Since pre-made strips are UL approved, he feels the
retrofit kits pose a hazard. As a compromise, he's thinking a metal housing
would be a better choice. (And I thought wood would be tough to work with).

Since I've been reading the list, I don't think I've read one report of a
fire, or any other tragedy relating to these retrofit kits. Anybody have any
comments?

Sylvia