Re: Japanese Web Sites...

>Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:04:31 +0000 (GMT)
>From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Edward=20Venn?= <ewvenn at yahoo_co.uk>
>Subject: Web addresses
>
>I posted several URL's to this site of private
>individuals who I've talked to on some of the many
>BBS's, Lists and Club sites here in Japan. I realized
>rather belatedly that most of the people who patronize
>this list are undoubtably not Kanji-literate. My
>question is: Did anyone look at these websites? Is
>there any interest in having information from Asian
>based BBS's and lists translated and passed on to the
>members?

Hi Edward,

Thanks for posting those web pages. I did indeed try to look at them but as
you guessed had a bit of trouble negotiating them due to the language
differences. I have tried Japanese sites previously for my other hobby,
vacuum tube audio, and also had a hard time. Basically I just try to
identify the linked objects and then look for pictures.

I love going to other folks web sites and seeing their work. It can be
educational,  inspirational and revealing. It is a lot harder to make a
tank look great and keep it going over several years than to just read all
of the back posts from APD and then "talk the talk". I keep bookmarks of
some of the best pages and then revisit them from time to time. I wish that
posters on APD would put up more pictures of their tanks. There are so many
different ways to approach our hobby once you get the basics down. It is a
wonderful combination of science and beauty.

If any of you have favorite links and feel like posting them it would be a
great thread...

Here are a couple of my favorites. Hopefully some of you may not be
familiar with these pages...others will, of course, recognize your own
site... :-)

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/People/Darn/darn1.html
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/
http://www.nfis.com/~hartland/aqua/40gal.html
http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/
http://www.knology.net/~jwilson/plants.htm
http://optimal.free.fr/jpc/galeries/galeries.htm (French)

Best,

Paul Mouritsen

           Paul Mouritsen.....mourip @ erols . com

                           Washington, DC

     If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans...

*