Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #658

In a message dated 11/14/00 1:53:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,

> I'm planning on trying out a DIY CO2 setup soon. In the net instructions
>  I've found, the recipes call for 1- to 2-liter bottles. Is the size of the
>  bottle particularly important? Could I use the same recipe that is intended
>  for a 2-liter bottle with a one-gallon bottle? If so, should I double the
>  amounts of the ingredients?

If you give the same mass of CO2 twice the volume to fill, you will get half
the pressure to overcome the "head" of the water in the tank.  Eventually, it
will build up, but the reactor will possibly over time deliver less CO2 to
the tank.  It may be sufficient and just be a little slower about getting
going.

Just a thought.  No personal evidence, anecdotal or otherwise.