Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #657

>, I haven't located any SAE's in Seattle
>yet.

     You _must_  be kidding!!  I chat with Sherman Lovell, an APD list
member, on occasion.
He lives in Seattle, where the tap water is practically distilled and
SAEs are cheap and
plentiful!!  Sherm is familiar with your local water chemistry, what
needs to be removed,
and what needs to be added.  Email him at Lovell at drizzle_com.  I believe
Erik Olson also
lives in Seattle.

>while I know it's not wise (to say the least) to stock
>immediately does anyone have suggestions to help minimize the problems I
>will most likely be faced with ?
     Load up the filter with lots of carbon and Ammo-Rocks,  (Ammonia -
removing media) and keep an eye on ammonia and nitrite levels,
remembering that ammonia
is more toxic at higher PH levels and nitrite is more toxic at acid PH
levels.

Andrew
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.