Re: Tritons

Cavan,

OK - if you are seeing a "real" difference in growth, the difference _could_
be due to the different qualities of the various tubes. They could also be
due to other factors within the tank, that you haven't mentioned.

I don't know of any reliable research that has been done under aquarium
conditions which addresses the abilities of the various lighting options
available to us. I'm not referring to annecdotal claims from folks who will
swear by their "tube de jour" and swear at your choice. For anyone with the
space and the interest (plus a few spare tanks) it could be an interesting
experiment.

James Purchase
Toronto