Re: Under gravel Heat Cables

>Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:04:32 -0500
>From: "Schenck, Lyndle" <lschenck at dcscorp_com>
>
>Monolith Marine Monsters has Under gravel Heat coils cheaper than you can
>make them.  They sell the Azoo cables that run directly on line (115 VAC).
>I was apprehensive about that but the cables seem to be well made and I have
>a good Ground Fault Circuit protection.

I wouldn't worry too much about 115v cables. People use 115v heaters
(enclosed in glass!) all the time. 115v powerheads are very popular. When
is the last time you herd of someone killed by a broken heater or powerhead?

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
"The web site for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners"
   http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/