Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #646

I didn't see my email in the last two digests so I will try again.

I read the articles in the Krib and other sources.  I have what I will
call for lack of a better discriptor, cotton ball like dark green algae
that grow along the surface of the tank and especially under the plant
leaves. It grow very thickly.  I describe it as cotton ball like because
it has individual threads of algae that grow matted.  Ottos and SAE won't
touch it.  I basically goe in and try and remove it, but it grows so
intertwinned among my E. bolivianus and E quadrocostatus that I end up
pulling out the plants.

     It only grows in one of my 4 tanks.  Any idea of what it is and what
could keep it in control/eliminate it?

thanks