[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #641
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #641
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 23:38:01 -0700
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <200011030453.XAA14113 at actwin_com>
> Nope. Often folks with Discus tend to add very soft water with low KH.
Ok, except for the case of zero KH, when adding CO2, won't the shift be
the same for high versus low KH? Using that famous (infamous?) CO2 chart, it
says that the shift will be the same:
With a low KH (1.5 degrees), and a low CO2 level of 4.5ppm, the pH would be 7.0.
Now increase Co2 to 28ppm and the pH drops to 6.2, so the shift was .8
Now with a high KH (15 degrees), a low CO2 level of 4.5ppm, giving a pH of 8.0.
Now increase CO2 to 28ppm, and the pH drops to 7.2, resulting in the same .8