Re: White crusty stuff

In a message dated 11/2/2000 08:05:20 Pacific Standard Time,

> Just a little comment.  Pool acid should be muriatic acid, which is
> hydrochloric.  Sulfuric is battery acid I believe.

I have gotten both in swimming pool acid.  I have 2 gallons of Kem Tek
Swimming Pool Acid (Chem Lab Products, Inc., Ontario, CA 91761) right now
that lists its active ingredients as Sulfuric Acid 38.5%, and inert
ingredients at 61.5%.  I have also gotten Hydrochloric Acid at other times
and other purchases.