Re: Removing white crusty stuff

I just use vinegar to remove the stuff. I am assuming that most of the
deposits are near the top since they form along the water line. Lay the
tank on it's side, and pour enough vinegar onto the glass around the
deposits so that the deposits are covered. You don't need very much -- just
a thin covering. Let it soak for a while (15 minutes at least, probably
more, but it depends on how thick the deposits are). When done you should
be able to wipe most of the stuff off the glass.

Do be careful wiping the deposits. It is very easy to scratch the glass --
the white stuff is basically rock.

	-Bill