Re:Off Topic - Daphnia Culture Tips

I keep Daphnia in tanks without fish, and they stay at low population
levels, keeping the water clear.  I never lose these cultures as long as
the temperature does not get into the upper 80's Farenheit.  To multiply
them up, rapidly, I use green water.  I can produce an endless supply of
green water with a guppy tank that is well lit with at least three watts of
fluorescent lighting per gallon.  I have never had to add micronutrients,
but I do add a little potassium, or else the guppies develop skin
infections.