clown loaches

Hi.  Sorry for all the questions but I'm a bit of a newbie.  I recently
purchased a clown loach to help control a freshwater snail
explosion in my planted tank. It has eradicated the snails as promised but
now that the snails are gone the loach is punching holes in my broadleaf
plants.  Is there anything I can do (ie supplementing the loaches
diet) which
will help decrease this problem? I am feeding sinking algae wafers. I am
half considering starting a snail breeding tank to maintain a snail supply
for the loach.
Thanks, Laurel