[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Garden Soil
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Garden Soil
- From: Laren Miracle <laren at uswest_net>
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:41:25 -0700
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <200010240748.DAA11372 at actwin_com>
I've used many types of soil without heating it.
Some people let it set under water before putting it in the tank but I don't think this
is necessary either.
Potting soil is better than garden soil if you have hard water because it is acidic.
Get a hold of Diana Walstad's book; Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
Also for more information about using soils in aquariums check out;
>Subject: Garden Soil
>Is it possible to use Garden Soil from your garden(obviously) to be used as
>a substrate in a fish tank and plants? Even if I preheated it to 350 for 15
>minutes, would it be suitable, and if so, what are the pros and cons?.
>- - Matt