Re: Autoclaving silicone (was APD V4 #628

Hello Steve,

A 100% silicone cement will take autoclaving (121 ēC) without any
problems.

I would worry about the glass of a tank cracking. If you have a large
enough autoclave to fit an aquarium, use the "liquid" setting. At the
end of the process it lowers the temperrature/pressure very slowly (so
that the liquid does not boil over) and thus will slowly cool your tank
glass. Let it sit inside for a while. Window-pane glass is not designed
for thermal stress.

Best,

George