MH coverage

> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:56:53 -0700
> From: "Simon, Dan" <dan.simon at pcgw_claircom.com>
> Subject: MH coverage
>
> Could someone tell me if a 250 watt MH light would sufficently light a 5
> foot long tank (18' wide x 20 ' high) ?

It should be quite adequate but it depends if you want to light the
bottom ends of the corners of the tanks strongly. With tall plants,
these corners can get shaded. I use a single 250w MH on a 1x4'x18" tank.
Its a lot of light in the center and can be problematic for that reason.
--
Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/