Aponogeton ulvaceous

While I finally have no problem getting these leaves to grow upright as
opposed to horizontally, since addition of CO2, it's growth actually appears
rather unsightly in my tank. The leaves get very long and grow from a stem.
I'm not sure if this is due to too low lighting conditions, and the leaves
are reaching for the light. Maybe this plant is more suitable for a deeper
tank? (I have it in a standard 55 gal)

Does it grow more compact and fuller under higher light?

TIA

Sylvia