White Cloud Minnows school

>I've seen the white clouds and to me they're very boring and dull in color
>--<

In a LFS, yes.  They tend to look very bleak - if not plain bleached.

However, owning a school of them, I can tell you that they get pretty
colored when acclimatized under good conditions in a tank.  They are a nice
"rainbow trout" brown/tan, their body length white strip very vibrant, and
their fins have a bright tomato red area on transparent fins with a bright
white spot on one of them.  Males colors are even more saturated.  A
passerby can see my 25 gal tank from the street, and can easily see the
school of shiny minnows brightly schooling around (that's about 40 feet away
from the tank).

In a tank with a natural color scheme of earth colors, granite rock and
natural green, they blend in better than "neon colored" neons.  And they are
very forgiving to environmental "mistakes".

Lily