Re: Light bulb advice

I found an alternative source for cf bulbs at buylighting.com. I realized
that I will do much better with pc lighting in some cases. In a tank where
I've got reds depending on light levels, I frequently change light bulbs. In
a *low light* tank which is low light because of lack of foresight and
investment, I, also too frequently, have changed light bulbs. In both, I've
experimented with bulbs ranging from $4 to $15 a piece. Considering the
frequency with which I changed bulbs, one cf per 18 months - 2 years or so
ought to be a money saver for me.

The cost was $10.50 for 50 watt, 5000K bulbs (GE). 55 watt, 5400 K bulbs, had
a price of $16.50 (Sylvania). They seem to be just setting up operations and
had to do a little research. By this, I mean they don't stock these bulbs,
but can get them.

Sylvia