re: plants swaps

About two months ago, a lurker from this list responded to an offer I made for Java fern.  He wanted to trade me some "Mexican Oak Plant" and rotala for several nice clumps of Java fern.  Like a chump, I agreed to send him the fern and I actually expected to receive *something* in return.  I did finally get a reply to one of my many e-mails; he said the plants arrived in great shape. That was over a month ago. I guess I am out the priority mail postage and my time.

More importantly, I am now even more jaded and cynical. I didn't think that was possible.

The moral of the story is: If you don't recognize the name, assume they are a petty crook.

Regards,
Bob