Re: Light bulb advice

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, George Booth wrote:

> Karla thinks we need some new bulbs for the tanks (true) but she wants to
> try something other than PennPlax Ultra Tri-Lux and Triton. I've always
> liked them but now she claims "the UTL are too yellow and the Tritons are
> the only bulbs that claim to need a starter". One does not debate such
> things with Karla.

This sounds like a natural opportunity to add to the "Ooooh" factor in
your tanks by going for metal halide lighting.  Maybe you could even mount
them on one of those track systems they sell for hydroponics.  That would
even out the light and get the effect of moving sunlight.

Sorry, no bulb recommendations.

Roger Miller