[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #605
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #605
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:12:28 -0700
- In-Reply-To: <200010131948.PAA21462 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> All this talk about riccia has got me itching to try it out, does anyone know
> of a source of the sinking variety?
How can you tell the difference between
> the two... are they different species?
The sinking type is much darker green. It sinks. Yes it is a supposed
different species. Check Baensch vol for a reference. ID-ing the many
types/species would be very difficult to do unless you are a Byrophyte
specialist and even then...
Stay away from it is my advice.
Unless you like duckweed:)