Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #602

In a message dated 10/12/00 1:52:32 AM Mountain Daylight Time,

> Anyhoo, on bettatalk.com, the owner of the site says that Priority mail
could

>  kill your fish. That they can go into unpressureized cargo planes and fish
>  could explode! Is this true?

Not likely.  I know of thousanbds of shipments by hundreds of people and
never once has anyone ended a story with "and they were smeared around the
surface of the bag like they'd been left in a microwave and turned on".  If
doesn't happen.  The pressure difference, if there is any, may cause some of
the air in the bag to seep through into the cargo bay, but nobody's ever
gotten exploded fish.  Well maybe flight 200, over Locharbie, but the fish on
that shipnment never arrived at all, dead OR alive.

Bob Dixon