Re: Mailing Fish

I wrote earlier commenting on the good experience I had receiving fish via
priority mail. The water tested at 0 ammonia on arrival. I forgot to mention
that priority mail, from Oregon to PA, took 4 days, so it was far from an
overnight trip.

I'm going to have to give this guy a call and see what his secret is.

I've often read that one should only pack enough water to cover the fish.
This could be the problem. I realize that the oxygen is important, but bear
in mind that the water contains the wastes. It might be worth the extra
couple bucks to pack them in a sufficient quantity of water. Since this is
the only fish I've ever been mailed, I have nothing to compare it to.

Sylvia