Re: Riccia and Hairgrass/Java Moss

I thought I would jump in here with a plug for Java Moss and Riccia.  I've
had a patch of this going for a few months now.

My purpose was to hide a couple of flowerpots I use for breeding kribs.  I
layered riccia and then a thin layer of java moss and tied it down with
green thread.  The results have been very good.  The java continually
entertwines with the riccia and holds it down, the whole mass spreads.  The
only problem I have with it is that, in good light, the riccia outgrows the
java and comes off in clumps.  But there is still plenty of riccia left.  I
have taken to going into the tank with a pair of stainless scissors and
mowing the lawn about once a month.