Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #597

In a message dated 10/9/00 1:54:05 PM Mountain Daylight Time,

> Looking at this web site, it states that the 35 hour heats 110-135 degrees,
> and the 60 hour at 105-130 degrees. I'd imagine you place this close to the
> bag in shipping. Since you have the bags w/fish nested in styrofoam within
> box, the only spot I could envision would be under the bag, with some
> insulating (cloth, probably?) material between the two. But couldn't there
be
> a problem with _too_ much heat? Especially if ambient temperature does not
> drop too low. It's going to give off that amount of heat regardless of
temp.
> Or maybe just nest it somewhere in the bottom of the box itself? (Assuming
> the bottom remains on the bottom during shipping).

These things were originally intended as hand warmers.  The stated
temperature is at the surface of the pouch.  You can wrap it in newspaper and
set it in on top of the bags.  I haven't heard of anyone getting fried fish
by using them.

Bob Dixon