Re: Mailing Fish

William wrote:

<<The website for 35 and 60 hr + heat packs to ship bettas is:
http://www.rldtheheatsource.com
Prices are:
Box with 20 units of 35+ hrs = $20
Box with 10 units of 60+ hrs = $20
There is a one time shipping and handling charge of $5 per order
regardless of amount of boxes.
If you order in bulk,
1 box of 240 units of 35+ = $144.00 (.60c/unit)
1 box of 120 units of 60+ = $138.00 ($1.15/unit)
Mention the word "Betta" under Special Shipping instructions.
You can order on web site with credit card or call them.>>

Looking at this web site, it states that the 35 hour heats 110-135 degrees, and the 60 hour at 105-130 degrees. I'd imagine you place this close to the bag in shipping. Since you have the bags w/fish nested in styrofoam within a box, the only spot I could envision would be under the bag, with some insulating (cloth, probably?) material between the two. But couldn't there be a problem with _too_ much heat? Especially if ambient temperature does not drop too low. It's going to give off that amount of heat regardless of temp. Or maybe just nest it somewhere in the bottom of the box itself? (Assuming the bottom remains on the bottom during shipping).

?? Just trying to get things right.

Sylvia