[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tap Water Conditioners
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Tap Water Conditioners
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:00:40 -0600
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <200010051948.PAA12315 at actwin_com>
> For planted aquaria, its the chlorine component of chloramine that we
> really need to worry about. A REALLY high quality activated carbon
> cartridge live the Ametek will strip the chlorine and much of the ammonia
> that's along for the ride.
No, actually, as the I mentioned once, the engineer I spoke to said that their
standard carbon filtration cartridges would not strip all the chlorine from
the chloramine. That's why they make another cartridge, specifically intended
to do that. That cartridge uses something they call "catalytic carbon".
Just because you've been lucky that it works for you, you shouldn't be so
willing to risk other people's tanks with bad advice.