Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #588

In a message dated 10/5/00 4:00:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:05:07 -0500
 From: "Josh Liechty" <jliechty at custom_net>
 Subject: Glass catfish

 I don't know where else to ask (my IsP's news server doesn't carry most of
 the aquaria groups except alt.aquaria), so I hope you don't mind me asking
 here. I now have 3 glass catfish, and they seem to be doing fine with my
 pictus catfish, but I wonder if it might be good to add more (to bring the
 total up to 5 or 6). Would this be a good idea?

Glass catfish love company, the more the merrier as far as they are
concerned. I usually try to keep them in groups of at least one dozen. The
only problem you will run into is if the tank is just too small, but they are
so small, as long as the tank isn't crowded with other fish go with as many
as pleases you. I would be worried about the possibility of the pictus
catfish eating them. This of course depends on the species you have.

Moon