CO2 consumption

At 03:48 AM 10/3/00 -0400, Juan in Tampa wrote:
>Right now I am consuming about 1.5 -2.0 lbs of CO2 per week--so my 20 lb
>tank last10-12 weeks.  So I am wondering "how many pounds a week of CO2
>should I expect that the tank will consume?"  Also, any reactions or
>thoughts about the set-up would be appreciated.

A properly set up pressurized CO2 rig should consume .5-3# of CO2 per year
(depending mostly on tank size/planting density).  You appear to be using
about 80# per year, at a cost of about $75 for waste.  It would probably
pay to get a properly operating system.

NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam