Report on the ghetto blaster

On September 9, I wrote:
..............I am also about to try another alternative, a 65 watt compact
fluorescent that comes as a unit with a very good looking built in
reflector for lighting the outside of your house.  I got it at Home Depot
for $29.00.  I plan to set it on a tank and put a box over it.  The
manufacturer, Lights of America (if I recall correctly) says it puts out
6,800 lumens.  That's a real ghetto blaster of a light.

I have tried it, and it is not much of a ghetto blaster.  In fact, it is
pretty wimpy.  I would not reccomend it for lighting tanks.  There are much
better alternatives.

Paul Krombholz, in cool, but dry central Mississippi.