Re:MH's

> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:43:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michale Herman <chfadmmadine at yahoo_com>
> Subject: metal halide lights
>
> Is it true that metal halide lights are twice as
> effective as flourecent? Meaning that instead of
> needing 90 watts of flourscient I can use 45 of metal halide?

No, they almost the same really but give different effects/uses. Open top
tanks etc and or deep tanks/ripples of light going through your tank's water
etc. Powercompacts are very close if not the same as far electrical input
and light out put. The difference is not worth worrying about but becomes
more an personal issue of color and set up. They both grow the plants great.
Regards,
Tom Barr