Dupla electra compact fluoro light.

I've reverted to lurking for many months now, but I've just fitted a
brand new Dupla electra light fitting which uses 2 x 55 watt compact
fluoros. It replaced a 2 tube 4 ft fitting on top of a 3 foot tank.

What a difference! Apart from the fact that it was a 50% increase in
wattage, it's a whole different class in the reflector stakes with
one of these dimpled polished aluminium reflectors that really does a
good job. In addition, the scatter outside the tank is much reduced,
partly because it doesn't hang over the ends just wasting some light,
and partly because it really does control the light spread much
better. I don't have a meter but I'd guess the light level at the
bottom of the tank is around twice as bright as previously, or
possibly a little brighter than that even.  What's more, the fixture
looks a lot better too!

The immediate response was a lot of fish activity. I guess they were
looking for their sunglasses. Now to find out what it does for the
plants. My dealer promises a jungle and I haven't had one of those
for a while so I'm looking forward to it. What I'm hoping to see
tomorrow afternoon is pearling again - I might have to reconnect the
CO2 system too. I'd  happily been low tech again for a while and here
I go again with another itch. :-)

David Aiken