Hybrid Trouble

Brett Johnson wrote:  "I doubt if hybrids or sports
pose a significantly greater threat
to native ecosystems than the straight species."

It depends, I think.  Are you familiar with the
Caulerpa scourge of the Mediterranian?  An
accidentally releases clone of a normally tropical
Caulerpa species is devastating and taking over the
Mediterranain Sea right now.  This macro algae covers
vast expanses under water, and is totally out of
control.  I don't know if a clone would fall under
what you wrote, or if the fact that Caulerpa is a
marine algae has anything to do with it.  It does bear
considering though.

Later, Cavan ---in Pittsburgh