Substrate Layering Tip

>Looking at it from the outside of the tank
>it looks a little like an ice crem cone, the white sand on the flourite. I
>can't decide whether I like it or not, I guess I am used to it now. I was
>hoping the sand would tricle down and hide the flourite from view from the
>outside, maybe it will over time.

Just a quick simple tip.  When using more than one substrate layer, prior to adding the top layer, use your finger to *plow* a furrow around the front and side glass down a little deeper than the trim.  Add the top layer filling in the furrow first, and finish to the desired depth.  When viewed from the outside, only one layer is perceived.  Enjoy :-)

Mike Grace