PH adjusting to CO2 and rising again

Has anyone else observed this phenomenon? I use a DIY yeast bottle, and often
after the PH is just where I want it, and stays that way for a couple of
months (with bottle changes of course), it often rises back up to the old
high level again, even though the CO2 remains the same. It's as if the water
has adjusted and requires more and more CO2 to keep the PH the same low
level. I know there are probably other factors here at work, but what are
they?
Carla