RE: Subject: Questions on Under Gravel Heat systems

  >Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:19:37 -0400
  >From: "Schenck, Lyndle" <lschenck at dcscorp_com>
  >Subject: Questions on Under Gravel Heat systems
  >
  >Does anyone have experience with or information on the under gravel heat
  >systems sold by Marine Monsters or Pet Warehouse? Both systems appear to
  >operate straight from line (115VAC) voltage.  I have some faith that they
  >are safe but I can't help being concerned about potential shock
  >hazards.  We
  >already have powerheads and standard heaters so there is a precedent but
  >neither of these are buried in the substrate.

Hi Lyndle, we are going to sell a new generation of Substrate Cable Heater
which has a step-down transformer to convert the 110V down to 12V.  It will
not be ready until 2 - 3 weeks later.  Price will be more expensive than the
existing one (probably in the range of $175 - 199).  And they are *not* made
by AZOO.  ; )

Edward
http://www.marine-monsters.com