RE:Do razor blades scratch tank walls?

I use a 4" wide Red Devil razor blade with a detachable plastic handle
(cheap at any Home Depot-type place in the paint section). As long as the
blade is sharp and rust free, it is safe on glass. I carefully dry the blade
and store it wrapped in a dry paper towel between uses to keep the blade
from rusting. Silica gel and a plastic bag would probably be a better
storage solution, but I get a year (or two) out of each blade this way.

Jon Wilson
http://www.knology.net/~jwilson/plants.htm