Being inhospitable to algae

Dwight wrote:

>Face it, oxygen is both a sufficient AND a necessary condition for healthy
>plants and algae.  However, surface agitation w/in a Co2 injected aquarium
>is anathema to plants but helps out certain algaes.

I'm having problems with black hair-like algae in two Eclipse 25 and
35 gallon tanks, but not much in my 100 gallon with Eheim filteration.
Do you think it could be the extra surface agitation in the eclipse
that tips the balance?  They have about the same water mix, the same
Kent fertilizer. CO2 injection in the 100 gallon, none in the Eclipses.

The algae is present in all 3 tanks, but just stays under control in
the big one.

Steve
--

Steve Rogers